The past couple of weeks we have been working primarily in music. We made instruments from things we found at home. My instrument was constructed of coke zero cans that were cut at different lengths and then glued down on a rectangle of cardboard. I used a spoon and hit the tops of the cans to create a percussive but tonal sound similar to a marimba or xylophone.
After everybody presented their instruments, we were arranged into ensembles. Each ensemble had to create a composition that followed a basic song structure and featured each instrument. This was probably my favorite part of the assignment. I thought it was an interesting challenge because composing a song in itself is hard but adding to it instruments that have never been played ourselves made us true pioneers.